Oct 13, 2014

Sweet Stamp Shop October Release

Welcome to the Sweet Stamp Shop's New Release!! YAY!! You are in for a real treat today. Nicole has some amazing things up her sleeve.  This month you can look forward to some holiday action , monsters and some planner stamps! How many of you are into planners?? A lot of you, I know! Nicole's new stamps will have you organised in style! You won't want to miss it. In fact she had a bit of a pre-release with those planner stamps and they sold out in ONE DAY! So be sure to check in fast to get your own.

I created some samples for today's release. Take a look

Behold., my Christmas tag. Dun, dun, dun, duuuuun...

I know, super simple. In fact, simple enough you could make these up for every gift you have to give this holiday season. I know you will have people saying, "What! You made this!?"   I know, that always feels so good, right?

I coloured my little Christmas house with Copics, but I wanted it to seem like it had stone walls so I did a few different layers. Starting with a base of T1 grey then dots in T4, shown here:


Then dots of T6:

Then I washed over it again with T1. It worked... sort of :) I used some sequin stamps from the Bling stamp set for my falling snow and popped the house up in the corner. Then added a Merry Christmas sentiment from Just the Basics. I used a white gel pen to colour the snow drifts. The gel gives it some dimension which is kind of nice.


Next up I used the new Fall Leaves to make up my fall wreath:


I found this sweet little wreath from my dollar store (and actually its a $2 store here in Singapore ;)


I then laid out my leaf images and coloured them in a variety of fall colors. I thought I would need the brown, but once I laid them out on the wreath I quickly realized the browns were too close, so the leaves kind of got lost.

 I fussy cut out the leaves and laid them out on my wreath. I used hot glue to adhere them into place.

I added my fall sentiment and coloured it with Copics. I used some distress inks to soften the look a bit and added some Glossy Accents over the letters. I wrapped the top with some ribbon and then tied a gold button on with some hemp twine. I curled the twine around a pen to give it a little curl.


And that's it! The new release is out everyone so head on over to the BLOG for some highlights from the other designers and also don't forget to head over to the SHOP to pick up all the must haves for your stamp stash!

Thanks for stopping in today. I hope you enjoy the inspiration today! Let me know what you favourite projects are. I would love to hear from you! And be sure to stop back in a few days for another Sweet Stamp Shop creation!

Until next time... keep on stamping!
xoxo
k

3 comments:

Miriam Prantner said...

Such a cute tag and that wreath is gorgeous! Wow what a lot of work, but so worth it!

Jill said...

Holy macaroni Kristie! This is nutso fun!! All that cutting!? Wow--looks so good!! Makes a fun wreath! And your little Xmas house tag--adorbs :) so well done! ;)

~amy~ said...

absolutely awesome.


 photo copyright.jpg
envye template.