Sep 8, 2014

Sending U Happy Thoughts: Watercolor Resist

Happy Monday! Today is just a quick card featuring a water-colour resist using rubber cement. Really easy and fun! I was just testing out the technique and thought I would share one photo.  Honestly, I took a bunch of photos but only this one with a blue background was the best. And I would retake photos and post but my kids are out of school all this week and I can't really stop in for more than a moment or two or there is complete kid mayhem!

So that's my Tip #1 for you today (about photography not kid mayhem ;)... always take pictures with a background that will help your photo pop! Blue and orange are complementary so that is why I paired these two, and why it looks good. I took a bunch of photos with a yellow background and it just muted everything so it wasn't as nice to look at. Blech!

Ok.. here's what I did... take your rubber cement and make your image. I made a big U on my water-colour paper. Then wait for it to dry. And I mean, REALLY! I know how antsy you will get, but you just gotta wait this one out folks!  Then water-colour your paper, any colours you choose. Again, wait for it to dry! Then rub off the rubber cement and Voila! You have your image revealed and the water-colour resisted. I added an addition stamp sentiment from Wplus9. Now I know this may not read the way I want it to, but its supposed to say "Sending U Happy Thoughts." Does it? I hope so.


I added some glossy accent drops to finish it off. Rounded my corners and put it on a card base. Again, let those glossy-s dry! You can see where I ruined a drop by stacking it with other cards before it was fully dry. Oops. So that's Tip #2 for you today. Drying time is painful but OH so necessary. For rubber cement, paint, glossy accents and even your nails. Get used to trying your patience!

Don't forget this week is the Sweet Stamp Shop New Release! So be sure to come back here tomorrow for some Sweet inspiration and stop by their blog to see the amazing new sets! (I believe there will be 5 for you to enjoy!)

Also this week I'm over at CutCardStock.com for my first card project They have some discounts running right now for fall coloured card stock to help you with all your fall projects. So be sure to check it out!

Thanks for stopping in and spending a moment with me. I know time is precious!
What are you up to this week? I hope there is some craftiness in your future. 

Have a good one!
xoxo
k

2 comments:

Miriam Prantner said...

Love this effect, so fun and easy!

Colleen Dietrich said...

What a fabulous idea! It's been AGES since I've seen a bottle of the stuff. Will keep my eyes open for it!

Your washed background is just heavenly!


 photo copyright.jpg
envye template.