Aug 14, 2014

Stretch Your Stamps 2: Backgrounds and Perfect Pearls

I realise now why I am so far behind on this class. It's because each technique is so amazing that I want to try it and then I just can't help but share it. It's a sickness, I guess...

This card uses Perfect Pearls. Something I haven't used in such a long time that they have turned hard as rock. Had to chisel at those babies to get any powder out. But they do make a fun background.


I die cut my circle and laid over my die cut sentiment. I love this font. It makes me happy. ETA: The paper I used to die cut is a matte finish copper paper that I found at my local art store. It actually comes in a full poster sheet. So it's poster board and lovely! They even had matte silver and gold!


That's all for now. I have more to show, but later. I needed to put them all in different posts so I can add in the links... is that correct? Someone out there help me if I am wrong and putting up more posts than I need to! Otherwise I will have so many Stretch Your Stamp 2 posts, you might get a tummy ache  : )

love to you
k

5 comments:

Aileen said...

Wow love the effect of the perfect pearls and the pattern you used. Beautiful card. That die cut, I dont know what you cut it from but it looks fantastic, looks like copper!

Kristie Larsen said...

Thanks for your visit aileen!
Actually the paper is a mat finished copper colour that i found at my local art store. It comes in big poster size sheets! I have no idea what they intend it to be used for but i think its great for die cutting!
they also had mat finish silver and mat gold. so keep your eye out, you will be seeing more of it. ; )
xoxo
k

Kristie Larsen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Miriam Prantner said...

That copper paper is so pretty and love the perfect pearls on the background!

I Card Everyone said...

Thanks for sharing, Kristie! I've loved catching up to you here this morning... more to go, but wanted to say WOW to that poster board find... I'll be shopping around for that!!
=] Michele


 photo copyright.jpg
envye template.