Jul 30, 2014

Hello Friend

Hey-lo there!  Glad you stopped in today... I've been working on some things to show you next week and I have decided that my card making has slowed waaaaay down. I worked all morning and only have 1 card to show for it (and I can't even show it to you yet!) All morning? Really? That's just not wise time management.  I used to whip these babies out, but no more. Something in me has changed and each decision takes so much more time for some reason. Sometimes being a perfectionist just isn't time effective! But I will say, I do like the results and if I can craft all morning without being disturbed then the stars are alined and I need to keep my mouth shut and enjoy!

Ok. Onward.... Here's a little card I made up awhile ago. Since I can't share anything I'm working on now, I thought I would dig it out..
I don't think water-colour is going away for a long time... at least for me. I just love the results it gives. So, hope you like it too!  


Starting with some Versamark Ink and my card stock base I stamped the leaf and acorn image. I love Versamark on dark card stock. It's one of my favourite things. Its a nice subtle yet effective result. You should try it. 

I then stamped my squirrel onto water-colour paper and swirled some paint on him. I then used my favourite notecard die cuts by Clear and Simple Stamps and cut out the squirrel card. I then stamped my sentiment (Mama Elephant) and sewed some bakers twine through the top. I have the Sew Easy rotary tool by We Are Memory Keepers that works pretty well. It's a little bit of a push though the heavier card stock but I like that it keeps my line straight where as if I was doing it by hand, it would get way too messy.


Ok. There you have it.  A little card for a friend.  Thanks for stopping in today. Stay tuned next week for some fun news! 
love to you
k



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very effective! Sends out good vibes. Thanks for sharing today.

Miriam Prantner said...

So cute! Love the stitching and the watercoloring with the more mottled/textured look.


 photo copyright.jpg
envye template.