Aug 12, 2009

365 Cards: Art Glitter Week!! (Star Card)

Wa-hoo for Wednesday!! Today's 365 Cards challenge for Art Glitter week is to put a star on your card. Well, I just couldn't wait to get started. I decided to use two different glitter colors on it to add some interest. Here is how it turned out:

I really wanted to get a ochre look going from dark to light, but man that was tough. It ended up a bit more mottled than I had wanted. But you know, I still love it! I had originally stamped the card base with some blue ink and it was just SOOOO boring. So I added red instead! The sentiment and bird are from Hero Arts. In hindsight I should have add the sentiment to white so you could actually read it!! It says "Life is Brighter with you in it." which I think is so so sweet. I can think of so many people I could send this to.

I wanted my ribbon to curl, and it was really thin so I wrapped it around a paint brush and dabbed some glue on it. It helps quite a bit!

I can't wait to see what you create today, so get your stars out!
loves
k

Deets:
Stamps: On A Clear Day by Hero Arts, Polka Dot Basics II by PTI
Ink: SU! Basic Black, PTI Pure Poppy
Paper: PTI Aqua Mist, Stampers White
Accessories: ART GLITTER, SU! Markers, Ribbon


3 comments:

Carolyn V said...

Wow, great card, Kristie! Lovin' that sweet star, and the cute little bird is the perfect touch. I love your idea to give the ribbon a 'perm' LOL I may have to try that one.

Jenny S. (UK) said...

Oh! my!! now that's what I call a star. Just perfect

Cheri said...

I love your big glittery star you made.


 photo copyright.jpg
envye template.