Jul 3, 2009

Home Of The Free

Well, here we are friends. My long weekend has begun. And boy has it started with a bang! Last night I went boating with some friends to celebrate a friends birthday (same friend I made THIS card for... I didn't give it too her, but that is because I forgot!) I tried wake boarding for the first time and must say I LOVED it! Can't wait to go again. Now how to just convince friends to keep taking me ; )

This morning I woke up and went for a good run. I am feeling fine about the 5k we are running tomorrow, so that is good. Although I do believe I am developing a knee problem. I feel like I am getting old. Or I just have bad knees. But I feel great now that I have gone out (um, the first time in over a week!)

Then we had THIS for breakfast. I tell you it was just a glorious as it looks (although mine were not as pretty ; ) I even made the Orange Maple Butter. Pure Heaven People. I totally recommend it to everyone. It will make your day! Now I am listening to the kids play outside with their dad (he is free all weekend!) and I get to come talk crafty with you! I already LOVE today! 

Ok. Here is my card for today:

I realized I have quite a few star stamp sets. And really that is the ONLY kind of thing I have that suits the holiday. So I set out to make a few different cards for this weekend. This one is a bit different as far as the colors I chose. I didn't want them all to be red white and blue! I used some K&Co. paper for my flourishes and added my Gel-A-Tin Stars. 

And what are your plans for this weekend? I hope it is a glorious one! I will be back tomorrow with more patriotic love and then be sure to check back on Sunday for the 365 Sketch!

Have a good one!
k

Deets:
Stamps: GelA-Tins Super Star, Pink Paislee Vintage Frames (brackets)
Ink: SU! Chocolate Chip, Tangerine Tango, Pumpkin Pie, Ruby Red. Hero Arts Soft Pool. PTI Summer Sunrise
Paper: K&Co. Wild Saffron. PTI Kraft (base)
Accessories: K&Co. Gems, Basic Grey Alpha Stickers, SU! Marker

2 comments:

~amy~ said...

what a coolio card Kristie! Good luck on your run!!! Wow...you go girl!!

Natasha said...

WOW! This card is awesome! I love the red swirls (of course I love the red!) and the stars are awesome!!!


 photo copyright.jpg
envye template.