Jul 15, 2009

365 Cards: Shortcuts Week

Today's 365 Cards challenge is all about binding! Well, that is take two items and bind them together to make a card. Here is my creation:


This card took a little doing. But here is what I did. I first cut my two colors (green/pink) into 1 inch strips. I then cut my card base. Length 6" width 4 1/4" I scored it 1 1/4" from one side. Then I used a little glue tape to adhere my strips to the underside of the 1 1/4" piece of frosted acrylic from Shortcuts. (is this all making sense?) Then I trimmed a piece of white cardstock to cover the backs of the strips so they would stay in place and then made my holes for my grommets. Now I totally got in trouble last night for pounding on my craft table. The whole house was sleeping until I started. So I had to adjourn to the garage to finish it. OY! Crafting friction with the spouse!! It was quickly remedied when he fell back to sleep ; )
Once I had that in place I matted some white cardstock with pink and made my inside panel, which you can see here:

I kept a little of the frosted sheet showing through, which in hindsight I wish was more prominent. I then stamped my hearts and sentiment for both the inside and card front. I tied my twine through the grommets even though it doesn't need it for binding sake. The grommets are what is holding it all together. That and a little tape. OK thats all for today! 

And you know what? Today is my birthday so I am going out on the town to celebrate. My husband took the day off to take the kids so I get a free day! Aren't I married to the best man? I just love him. Anyway. Enough gush. Hope you have a wonderful day and I can't wait to come back and see what you are creating!
loves
k

Deets:
Stamps: Papertrey Ink Heart Prints and Heart Prints Sentiments
Ink: Sweet Blush, Berry Sorbet, Pure Poppy by Papertrey ink SU! Basic Black, Old Olive
Paper: Ripe Avocado, Sweet Blush, Stampers Select White by PTI Shortcuts Frosted Plastic Sheet
Accessories: Grommets, Twine, Pop Dots

1 comment:

~amy~ said...

♥♥happy birthday kristie♥♥

fabulous card for today and have a magnificent birthday sista!! email me your snail mail, please :)


 photo copyright.jpg
envye template.