Jun 10, 2009

365 Challenge Combo #1:

Hey there 365 Cards peeps! Today's challenge I felt was extra special because essentially YOU get to pick what the challenge will be! This is called the Challenge Combo. Pick one challenge from March, one from April and one from May to combine together to create your card.
Now this is an EXTRA challenge for me because I am somewhat 'combo challenge' challenged... if that makes any sense. It tends to squish my brain a bit to think of all those things at once. But I did it! And here is my card:


I picked the following challenges:
1. See Thru Saturday: (may) Use acetate for the card /base or part. I used Short Cuts clear cardstock for my card base.
2. Four Corners: (april) Design/embellish the four corners... this one is a bit loose, but I used my sewing machine to stitch in each corner.
3. Touchy Feely Friday: (march) Incorprate 3 textures into your card. I added paper piercing to the outside clear cardstock, and dry embossing and distressing to the inside vellum. here is a close-up of the inside:
You can see the dry embossed square frame, and I guess the stitching could be considered texture as well. Here is a picture of it standing on its own:
And I did actually add another challenge from May. Recycled Elements. These cute tissue paper flowers were actually given out by the veterans during our Memorial Day Parade. I just couldn't throw them out when they would make the perfect embellishment!
So that's it for my Challenge Combo! So get over to 365 Cards and check out the challenges from the past three months and pick the ones you want to do! It's so fun and the sky's the limit!
Have a great day!
k

Deets:
Stamps Out on a limb Sentiments by Papertrey ink
Ink: Pure Poppy by Papertrey Ink, Jet Black by StazOn
Paper: Clear Cardstock by Shortcuts, Vellum by Papertrey Ink, Patterned Paper by American Crafts
Accessories: Veterans flowers, Ribbon and Vintage Button by Papertrey Ink, Distressing Tool, Score-It Mini, Sewing Machine.

4 comments:

~amy~ said...

Oh sista...you absolutely and definitely ROCKED this challenge!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Great card, very inspirational, and WOW you put a lot into that puppy, great job.

Laurel said...

Beautiful card! Congrats on being the Hero Arts Fresh Face Winner!

ivy said...

congrats on the hero arts fresh face win!! have fun shopping!!


 photo copyright.jpg
envye template.