Mar 9, 2009

365 Cards: Just The Scraps

Today at 365 Cards the challenge is to use ONLY scraps. Don't cut into anything new.  Oy! is this challenge for me! I have a HUGE box of scraps. I have scraps on shelves, scraps in drawers. Scraps would come out of my ears if I would let them! So I sat down and whipped this baby up.

The paper scraps are from K&Co. Berry Sweet line. I used the fresh large pages for this Star Book I made awhile back, but have a few small bits left. I love these papers. It was hard to cut into them at first, but now I am so glad I did. Everything they touch looks cute!That one little scalloped green piece on the edge is also from K&Co, but an Amy Butler line. The pink ribbon is a scrap from the Star Book too. The stickers are left over from a scrap pack of yesteryear and the little yellow ribbon bit is a remnant from the ribbon outlet. Even the card base is a scrap. I had tried a card idea and HATED it, so I scraped the base and it has been sitting ever since. Luckily its nothing some nice paper can't cover up. 
The only thing on here that isn't a scrap is this felt flower. It's an embellishment from the Berry Sweet line as well. I only have a few left and I am savoring them. This is such a great challenge for any paper crafter as I am sure you all have scraps laying around. Head on over to 365 Cards to link up your creation. Can't wait to see what you have in store for us!!
loves~
k


Deets:
Paper: PTI Lemon Tart, K&Co. Berry Sweet, Amy Butler
Accessories: Ribbon Remnants, Sticker Alphabet, Scallop Line Punch, K&Co Berry Sweet felt flower

7 comments:

Hazel said...

I've loved seeing your gorgeous creations on 365. This card is so bright and cheerful - love those papers (think I have some scraps of those). Your blog is full of crafty gorgeousness. x

Vicky said...

Cute, cute, cute!! Love all the bright and cheery colors, Kristie!

~amy~ said...

SWEET is right...lovin' it and that fab felt flower!!!

Anonymous said...

Hey Kristie!! This paper is definitely extra spesh! Love it on your card and that star book you made origally. Also, the felt flower accents your card very well.

Unknown said...

Great card! Makes me wish for summer time!

AUsome mom said...

Great card Kristie! I love the bright colors and those little strawberries! Very cute.

Gloria Stengel said...

This is very pretty. It's such fun to dig into the scrap bin, right?!


 photo copyright.jpg
envye template.