Dec 9, 2008

Take-Off Tuesday #6


Happy Tuesday! This week, I picked Ronin's army jacket that I found hanging in the back of the closet this week. I have always loved this jacket, he's just so darn cute in it. 

As I watched him scurrying around in it today I was picking out the things that made me love the jacket so much. 
Some of those things I tried to incorporate into my card, as you can see:
I really love the shoulder tabs and definitely wanted one on there. Thats where the design began and then I added a pocket because I wanted a place for stars and a name. In retrospect I wish I would have done Pvt. Birthday Boy or something, but maybe that would have been weird for a kid.

I tried for the first time some sewing and let me tell you, it's not like making a quilt, no siree bob! You can see where the stitch didn't take at the corners and where I looked like I was sewing drunk, even though I wasn't. Promise!! I sponged the Kraft CS with Old Olive and Close to Cocoa ink to get it the color that dirty, camo color I wanted. 

All in all, I really dig this card and have saved the template for the next birthday boy.
See you next time and thanks for stopping by.
k




Deets:
Ink: PTI Dark Chocolate, Plum Pudding, SU! Not Quite Navy, Old Olive, Close to Cocoa
Paper: PTI Kraft
Accessories: Antique Brads, Brown Button from stash, (a darn heavy) sewing machine 

1 comment:

Bonnie said...

Very cool! I love the houndstooth and all the little stitching to make your pocket and tab. Very sweet!


 photo copyright.jpg
envye template.