Dec 13, 2008

Re-Made Board Books

I decided to make a lot of gifts this year. Mostly because my kids have everything they need and the idea of buying another plastic toy that I will have to pick up later, gives me the chills. I found this tutorial from Cosmo Cricket on how to re-make board books. So I dug through the kids stash to find a book they don't read any more (which wasn't hard).
This is what it looked like before the DP and glue.


Here is the new cover. Christmas paper and some ribbon. The paper is from K&Co. Ribbon, PTI.
Page one..... One nose. That's my snowman just waiting to be adorned as we read. 
Two eyes.
Three buttons.... and so forth. I didn't show you pg. 4 or 5 because the craftmanship is less than stellar. I hope to get better at it as I do more. The mixture of glue and markers got a bit splotchy. 

But it is a fun project and Cosmo Cricket gives you the numbers to print out here. Try one yourself! They have other ideas you can do, manger, tree etc.  All of which would be fun.

Check back for more projects before the final day. 

1 comment:

Sara said...

Kristie, I LOVE this - you are so talented! What a great idea!


 photo copyright.jpg
envye template.