Oct 27, 2008

Stamp Simply Challenge #58

This weeks Stamp Simply Challenge is to Make It Flat!! No big bumps, bows, flowers or other things that drive the post man nuts. I'm lucky since this is something I try to do anyway. But I got to try some new goods, so it WAS a challenge for me. I had to do everything twice because I just couldn't get it figured out. So great learning tonight!!
Here it is:
When I was at the Virginia Sewing Expo there was one guy at a small booth doing paper crafts, but also marketing it to fabric goers. This is the only booth in which I spent money and most of my time. I think that means I should be going to the Paper Craft Expo instead. Or maybe not since I would spend WAY too much money.

Anyway he was selling a light box, glitter, Mulit Colored VersaCraft  ink pad, embossing stencils, stylus, Glitter funnel, Cards/envies and other such things all in one package deal for a really really low price. So you see why I had to get it.

I got to pick my own embossing templates and this earth was one of them. I have a few ideas up my sleeve and this earth will be perfect, now its just a matter of doing it. I would say this is embossing "old-school" style. Where you actually press out the image yourself instead of having a machine do it. (oh how I want one of those machines, Santa...)

Once the image is pressed, you use the template as a mask for sponging. I picked two greens and a brown from the ink pad and sponged away. The ink took really well. I got it all over the first time, and the earth was also backwards, which is why I did it again. 
I also used some glue for the background sentiment, repeat stamped it and covered it in glitter. I now have it all over my face too. So sparkly.

An there you have it. Hopefully an interesting FLAT card that took a bit more time because I was a first timer. Next Stamp Simply Challenge, I really will make it simple! 

I will post again using my other embossing templates and show you how it's done. That a project for when I have unpacked all my boxes!! 

until next time, thanks for stopping by.
k

Deets:
Stamps: Mona Lisa Moments for CHF Christmas Sentiments 
Ink: VersaCraft Green, Brown, SU! Basic Black
Paper: PTI Pure Poppy, Dark Chocolate, Stampers Select White, SU! Garden Green
Accessories: Embossing Template, Light Box, Stylus', Glitter, Glue Pad


No comments:


 photo copyright.jpg
envye template.