Jul 2, 2008

I wanted to post something different than a card today. This is the box I decoupaged for my mother-in-law for Mother's Day.  I don't remember who the paper is by, but I bought plain wood boxes from Michael's (about 4$each) and cut the paper to fit, which got tricky around the curves. I then coated the wood with Mod Podge, covered it with paper and then covered the paper with another coat of Mod Podge. It's best to let the under coat and paper dry before adding the second coat. This prevents bubbles.

Then I found this quote that I thought would be nice. I actually used it on my own mother's box that turned out lovely, but I completely forgot to take a picture of it. This quote is from Abe Lincoln.  "All I am, or hope to be I owe to my Angel Mother." I thought it was fitting for both Patrick and I and the feelings we have for our mothers. I printed it out from my computer onto vellum, used some rub-ons for a border and adhered it with popup dots to the inside of the lid. Every time she opens the box she will know how special she is to us.

Oh, and of course I had to throw in a card. I used Beautiful Blooms from PTI for the red flower and some decorative stamps I found in the dollar bin at Michael's, which always makes my day. I added some rub-ons to the vellum envelope and tied some ribbon to the card. It all kept with that "see through" look of vellum which I like. And that was it. I hope to get a picture of the boxes I sent my mother and father for their days too. These boxes were really fun to do and simple, but meaningful, at least to me! 





No comments:


 photo copyright.jpg
envye template.